Activated Charcoal Gummies for Upset Tummies
Whether it’s a tummy bug or you just need to detox from too much junk food or candy splurge – Activated charcoal gummies are not only fun for when you or your child has got a tummy ache, they’re fun for the whole family to make and enjoy. Texture can vary, so taste test them for yourselves first to make sure your toddler or young child is developmentally ready to eat gummies.
Let’s just make it clear that ‘activated’ charcoal does NOT come from the kind that you use in a grill. No no, this is made from a substance like bamboo, wood or coconut shells that goes through a multi steps process to make it extremely porous i.e. activated. The purpose is to pull toxins into itself, adsorption not absorption and is then flushed out of the body as waste (since the body can’t absorb activated charcoal) making it extremely useful for victims who have been poisoned, detoxifying, whitening teeth, rejuvenating skin and hair, helping with digestion, cleaning wounds and more!
- 1.5 cups chilled tart cherry or grape juice
- 1.4 cups grass fed gelatin like Great Lakes or Vital Proteins. Don’t use Collagen because it won’t set properly.
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 20–30 drops stevia
- 1/4 tsp activated charcoal powder
- Pour chilled juice into medium sized bowl
- Add gelatin and stir. Wait 3-4 minutes for the gelatin to fully hydrate, then mix until blended well.
- Pour into an enamel or stainless steel pot on medium – low heat. Add honey and stevia and blend well.
- Pour back into bowl, stir in charcoal, and let cool to room temp.
- Pipe into gummy molds using eye dropper.
- Let gummies set slightly to avoid spilling when moving to fridge
- Place in fridge for at least 30 minutes or freezer for 8-10 minutes.
It’s fine to use juice from concentrate. Activated charcoal stains, so in gummy form it’s fun for them to eat and doesn’t make a mess!