When seeking a snack that’s low fat, high in protein, high in nutrients and portable I love keto crunch bars. You can shape them in bars, make power balls, add seeds, nuts, or any variety of ‘crunch’ that you like. They are totally versatile and delicious and won’t add inches to your waist when you have a hankering for something to satisfy your sweet tooth!
Get Martha Stewart Recipes and Ingredients Delivered to Your Door!Print
Chocolate Keto Crunch Bars
This is a recipe for the most delicious crunch bars ever, they are a mix of seeds, crunchy nuts and chocolate, but there isn’t any refined sugar in it. The foods that are used inside are natural, such as unprocessed chocolate alternative, coconut oil and cacao powder. You will be able to make these crunch bars 100% keto-friendly if you use monk fruit sweetener, or you can use pure maple syrup, or agave as well.
The best part of these crunch bars is that you can customize their flavor for your own taste, you can swap seeds and nuts, and nut butters of course. Once you try this snack, you will make some more so you have it in advance.
Recipe – The Hearty Soul
Homemade Chocolate Spread Ingredients:
- 100% pure Maple Syrup / 1/3 cup Monk Fruit sweetener
- 1/2 cup of Cacao Powder
- A cup of Coconut Oil
Crunch Bar Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup of Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup of monk fruit sweetener/100% maple syrup
- 3 cups mixed nuts and seeds, of course at your own choice (hazelnuts, walnuts, pecans, almonds, cashews, sesame, hemp, flax, pumpkin, etc)
- A cup of Almond Butter (you can replace it with another nut butter, like cashew butter)
- Put a saucepan on low heat, then add the coconut oil, the sweetener and the butter.
- Then when the ingredients melted together, add the mixture of seeds and nuts and stir.
- Then add the chocolate as well, and stir until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Then put the mixture into a baking pan, cover the pan and put it in the freezer (2 hours minimum). Before putting it in the freezer, use a knife to cut them into cubes before they freeze.
- And whenever you want to grab a snack, grab a cube and enjoy it. But in order to eat it, it is better to leave it for about 15 minutes to melt on room temperature. Don’t use the microwave to defrost the cube!