Best Ways Castor Oil Can Improve Your Life
With regards to colds, rash, and sometime genuine illness, sometimes you just have to use good old fashioned products. Castor oil is often overlooked as a health and beauty treatment but is making a come back. It is well known as a remedy for constipation, but it has a long history of being used for many other healing and beauty enhancing treatments too. The oil is derived from the seeds of the Castor plant (Ricinus communis) or it also has another common name – the seeds of the Palma Christi plant, also known as the palm of Christ and documentation of its use for medical purposes can be found as far back, as 1550 B. C., when the ancient Egyptians used it to treat eye irritation. Here are 11 amazing benefits and uses of castor oil and mixed with baking soda even more extraordinary remedies.
What is castor oil useful for?
Castor oil has a plethora of benefits. I use it in my hair and eyelashes at night to add extra thickness and growth!
Beauty benefits of Castor Oil
- Promotes hair growth
- Treats dandruff and other scalp conditions
- Thickens hair
- Conditions hair and makes hair shiny
- Helps prevent premature hair graying
- Split ends remedy
- Natural homemade hair masks with castor oil
- Longer eyelashes
- Thickens eyebrows
How to make your hair grow faster? Use castor oil! Massage slightly warmed up castor oil into your hair and scalp and it will improve the blood circulation to your follicles, promoting faster hair growth.
The oil contains omega-9 fatty acids, so it will nourish your hair as well. For a really deep effect, after massaging the oil into your roots and spreading all over your hair (up to the ends), make a bun and cover your hair with a cap, leave the oil on overnight and wash out the next day (you might need to wash your hair a couple of times to get rid of the greasy feel).
If you find castor oil alone to be too greasy mix it with a little coconut oil or sweet almond oil 1:1 and your hair will be silky and shiny and grow faster!
Castor oil contains omega-6 and omega-9 fatty acids, both of which are useful for encouraging healthy hair growth. With regular use, castor oil will encourage new growth and thicken existing strands to give you a beautiful and shiny head of thicker hair.
This is another one of fabulous benefits of castor oil for hair – it helps prevent premature hair graying.
You can try this home remedy using castor oil: simply warm up the oil ever so slightly (so that it’s comfortable to touch), and apply it all over your scalp, gently massaging with your fingertips for about 10 minutes. Leave it overnight and shampoo the oil out in the morning.
Eyebrows – Have thin eyebrows? Rub some castor oil into your eyebrows each night before you go to bed and it will nourish and thicken your eyebrows.
It also stimulates the growth of hair, so it’s great if you’ve over plucked your eyebrows.
After a couple of weeks of regular castor oil massages your eyebrows will become thicker, so that you can shape it to your preference.
Medical and General Benefits of Castor Oil
1. Ears: 6-8 drops presented orally, for 4 months can fix tinnitus, a side effect of ear disease.
2. Eyelashes: If you desire to have longer eyelashes, but you don’t want to go for eyelashes extensions, then try applying castor oil on your lashes every night before going to bed.
In a couple of weeks time you should see the great result: naturally longer and thicker eyelashes that you’ve always dreamed of.
3. Lips and mouth: You can treat dry lips by applying castor oil all around your lips and mouth. They make castor oil without scent now so it doesn’t have an offensive odor it used to.
4. Sinuses and nose: Put the castor oil on your stomach and wheezing medium-term will diminish, and in about fourteen days it can totally vanish.
5. Sore Back: Get free of the most widely recognized back agony with a nice soothing back rub with castor oil.
6. Stretch marks – Thanks to the rich content of fatty acids, castor oil is a very good helper in making skin more elastic, thus preventing the appearance of stretch marks. Massage the oil into your skin, twice a day, when you are pregnant and it will help prevent the stretch marks from forming. You can also use it after birth to help the marks heal.
7. Foot and leg pain: From tired joints, achy legs and feet, castor oil is a remedy for inflammation, aches and pains.
8. Stomach rumbles: If you have looseness of the bowels, devour 2 drops of castor oil each day. In the event that you have a “noisy” stomach, apply a touch of oil to the stomach and your manifestations will vanish.
9. Sunburns – Thanks to it’s soothing and anti-inflammatory properties, castor oil is a good remedy for sunburns or other conditions of inflamed skin, which can be caused by dry skin or acne. Just apply castor oil mixed with coconut oil (ratio 1:1) to the affected area, leave it for 30 minutes and wash off, and you will soon feel the relief.
10. Addiction: Only 2 drops every day, much of the time, can decrease reliance on liquor, as well as on cigarettes and nicotine.
11. Skin: With just 5 kneads with this oil, your stretch imprints will diminish. Castor oil is also good at treating such problems as skin dryness.
Just mix with a little coconut oil (in proportion 1:1) and apply to the affected area of your skin, leave it on for 20-30 minutes, then rinse off and pat dry.
After a couple of times of doing this your skin will become softer and dryness will disappear.
Acne – The ricinoleic acid found in castor oil makes it a superb natural treatment for mild acne. Wash your face thoroughly with warm water to open up the pores and then, gently massage castor oil into your face and leave it on for a couple of hours or even overnight.
Rinse off the next morning and your acne will soon be cleared up and your skin will be well nourished and hydrated.
Cracked Heels – Castor oil is very easily absorbed by the skin and is a great treatment for dry and cracked heels.
Massage plenty of the oil into your heels before you go to bed and cover with a pair of socks to avoid the mess on the sheets, and you will find that it quickly restores the moisture to your skin and adds softness.
Ease for Arthritis – Well known for its anti-inflammatory properties and can be used as an effective treatment for arthritis. Massage painful joints with the oil and then, apply a warm compress for immediate relief.
Constipation relief – What it became famous for! It would be impossible to talk about castor oil without mentioning constipation!
The oil has a powerful laxative effect and one teaspoon in the morning will soon have your bowels moving again. (Don’t use it if you are pregnant though).
Treatment of Ringworm – Castor oil contains a compound called undecylenic acid, which is a very effective treatment for the fungal skin infection, ringworm.
For best results, apply castor oil on the affected area and leave on overnight. (The best recommendation would be to consult a professional, before doing any self treatments).
Mixing with baking soda
This blend makes an intense characteristic cure that can help in a few circumstances.
- Fill the hot water bottle with hot (not boiling) water.
- Wash the affected area with baking soda and a little water.
- Soak gauze or towel in castor oil and place on the clean area.
- Wrap the gauze with plastic wrap and cover with hot water bottle. Keep the hot water bottle in place with a larger towel.
- Allow to penetrate for at least an hour.
- When finished, carefully remove the plastic for re-use and wash the area with baking soda and water (if desired) or gently rub the castor oil in to the surrounding skin.
- Use a new castor oil compress daily for 40 days to see results.
1. Creepy crawly insect bites (or mite bites)
Apply the blend to the territory that itches you and instantly dispose of the disagreeable irritation.
2. Stains on the skin
Rather than creams that do nothing, apply from the mix of your spots, dull spots and checks and respect the outcomes.
3. Contagious diseases
Rub your feet with this blend to dispose of foot fungus and athletes foot.
For toe corns take some cotton wool, dip it in castor oil and secure it in place over a corn with some first aid tape; the fatty acids in the oil will soften the corn and, over a period of about a week, remove the corn and moisturize the skin.
For little cuts, wounds or consumed spots, apply from this blend. Castor oil shuts the injury, and heating soft drink is battling earth and microscopic organisms.
- Clean cotton gauze or all-cotton towel (castor oil stains so don’t use a fancy guest towel)
- Plastic wrap
- Hot water bottle
- Dry towel
Helps you fight infection. The oil can energize the immune system by increasing the number of white blood cells in your system.
In studies, when castor oil was applied to the outside of the body, the white blood cell count was increased within 24 hours of application.
Sometimes nature really provides us with all that we need we just need to know how to use it!
Start a healthy blog today!