Your Mobile Phone Has More Bacteria Than A Toilet Seat

The screen of our mobile phones can be covered with up to ten times more bacteria than the a toilet seat. This shows a study by Insurance2go quoted by Daily Mail.

Over a third of people living in the UK recognize that they never clean their phones from pollution. The survey data show that only one in every twenty years cleansed his smartphone less than once every six months.

Scientists take samples of three different brands of cell phones to test levels of aerobic bacteria and mold. All screens have high levels of bacteria. One has 100 colonies per square centimeter, the second one has 40, only the third one is 12. By comparison, the mouse on the computer has 5 bacterial colonies per square centimeter, while the toilet has about 24.

“The three screens we checked were almost four times more polluted than the backs of phones, “said Gary Biston of the survey team.

Our Obsession With Selfies is Causing Personality Disorders

Decongesting high levels of bacteria, molds and yeasts are not only on the phone screen. Other problematic areas are the “back,” the sound and lock / unlock buttons, and the headphones, some of which we put in our ears almost every day. At the same time, the study found that a cosmetic non-cleaner that has not been cleaned for several months contains nearly 24 bacterial colonies per square centimeter, while the old makeup brush has higher mold levels and only 0.4 bacterial colonies per square centimeter.

Researchers: Manuka Honey May Kill Far More Bacteria than Available Antibiotics

High levels of microbes on mobile phones, tablets and other items we use daily can cause some skin problems, Dr. Shirin Lakhani explains. In his words, the mobs touching the skin of the face every hour most often lead to acne and inflammation. The grips on the screen clog the pores, and the heat of the device is the ideal medium for bacterial propagation.

To reduce the risk of contamination with different types of bacteria, you should regularly clean your phone with a wet cloth with a higher alcohol content or a special disinfectant for electronic devices, the specialist advises.